quade

Last night #1

I want to see that too!

I recently saw View From the Top. View is one which won't win prizes. It's an entertaining blend of follow-your-destiny cheese, soggy wuv story, and trailer park jokes. Choppy in scripting, elementary in plot, it never the less contains some fine acting and dandy entertainment. Rather like some of Mister Cusack's porer 80s melodrama omedies. If you want to giggle and sniffle, or want to appear sappy and sweet to your Significantly Occupying the Other Seat, see the matinee.

Next on my list to see? Piglet's Big Movie. Although methinks I ought find a friend of the outie persuasion to go with me, so's the moviegoers don't think me some kind of pervert.

The flowing wave returns not, nor does the passing hour.

You've got to have an appreciation for Guest's form of humor. I really didn't like "Best in Show" or even "Spinal Tap", so I won't be watching "A Mighty Wind", despite my keen interest in the subject.

I guess it's a kind of subtle, sophisticated, witty humor you really have to be attuned to, as opposed to broader heavier forms, but then I'm ADD and stimulation has to be intense in order to register. I also prefer belly laughs over chuckles.:D

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

On a slightly related subject, but maybe not... Back in the early 90's I was in a metal band that was doing a gig in St. Louis. We stayed an extra day just to go see Spinal Tap perform in an outdoor ampitheatre. I laughed continuously for the whole set! It was absolutely hilarious, they had all of the gags that were in the movie and more... The kicker had to be the big devil's head above the drum kit that had a butt with garder on the back side...

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

I saw a good movie tonight with my parents and kids called "Holes". It's based off a popular kid's book, but all of us ended up enjoying it a lot. It takes place at a juvenile detention camp where the boys all have to dig holes in the desert all day. Through flashbacks you finally get the meaning of the story and it's really interesting how all the loose ties are all put together at the end. If you have kids in your life, it is definitely a good movie to take them to and won't have to worry about being bored.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon