GravityDog

VIP and Viper canopies / Perche - Fly Market

I recently came into possession of some Perche - Fly Market canopies. VIP 122, 133, Viper 142 and some others, all in very good condition. I am interested to get some feedback on these canopies. Are they reliable? How do the fly? Are they worth anything on the market?

Blues Skies,
Jimbo

The Vip's and Vipers were both nice canopies.

The Vip is trimed flat. It will bring you back from spots you wouldn't beleave. It does like a little extra speed on landing. It's flat enough that it's not over flowing with flare athority from full flight. Just a little front riser or a slight turn are more then enough. I always thought it was a fine canopy. Fabric isn't great. It does wear out and get permible over time. It doesn't last like modern zp. I really liked this canopy. And the openings were sweet.

The viper is a diffrent animal. More nose down. Much more sporty. Plenty of flare. Can open a little brisk. It's about like a saber one on openings and every one jumped those for years. Nothing to be afraid of. Great canopy and better fabric then the VIP.

The Perche, I'm refering to the original rectangular canopy was nothing to wright home about. I guess it flew ok but I was never happy with the landings on it. Needs some speed and even then the dynamics of the way it pitches just weren't right. I'd stear clear of them if you have any.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

The vip at least has some paraglider in its pedigree. A little bit weird canopy -it flies flaaaaaat - from what I've seen, but I haven't flown them myself.

I doubt they would be worth much in todays market, but you might be able to sell them as a cheap 2nd canopy (not for a camera flyer though) or for a water rig or something. You never know ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia