Jib

Another Paypal Scam

I just got an email from [email protected]. "This e-mail is the notification of recent innovations taken by PayPal to detect inactive customers and non-functioning mailboxes" and requesting me to enter name, email, credit card, pin, etc.

Everything looks legit until you read the HMTL code...

DO NOT MAKE CLICKY

I sent a message to paypal about it. It looks similar to the one at snopes. http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/scams/paypal.asp

You can read about similar one a few weeks ago here:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=472852;search_string=paypal;#472852

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Anybody recognize this as a Scam...Maybe not though?
I bought an item on ebay, payed with credit card to paypal. Seller said he would ship item on Thursday. Thursday he emails and says shipping cost too much, and he would refund payment. Paypal emails with refund of 20 bucks less than price I payed. They say I have to open a business account to accept refund because it came from a credit card. I deny the refund and contact seller. I haven't heard back...this was yesterday. Sound fishy, or am I impatient and paranoid?
...FUN FOR ALL!

If you payed by credit card just call your credit card company, and explain what happened. Tell them you wish to dispute the charges because you did not get what you paid for. Most credit card companies will reverse the charges and put the burden of proof on the seller to show why the charges should be valid. It's a lot easier to do if you use AMEX.

Blue Skies
Steve
Ok, so it's pink, but I'm secure in my manhood, and I still look cool coming in under it!