2fat2fly

Color me Pissed

10:46 pm and I'm leaving work. Came in @5 am, left @ 5pm to change into shorts/Tshirt and see my wife. Came back @ 6:30.....All because my crew decided that they wanted to under perform for the last few days and I needed to get a shipment out. OK, that happens and I get paid for this. That and we're going to have a "come to Jesus" meeting tomorrow so I can impress upon them the importance of keeping customers happy. But, I just got a message from my wife that our former foster daughter came by to see us. She left us to go to her adoptive home nearly a year ago and we haven't seen her since. (we wanted her to have a good adjustment period so we just talked on the phone a few times). It seems her family was in the area (they live in a different part of the state) and she recognized enough of the area to find her way to our house-pretty impressive for an 11 year old. Now, since my crew got a case of the lazy's, I didn't get to see her and don't know when I ever will again. I WILL NOT be gentle in the morning.
If anyone's still here, sorry for the rambling and thanks for letting me vent.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

i completely understand your upset with the way things turned out for you, itza bummer, been there, done that.

but as a supervisor with able bodied men at your charge reprimanding them while your still angry will be counterproductive. i've been in upper management for over 28 years, and have supervised men from all over the world, in some cases 100-150 at a time, (of course their direct supervisors fall under my direct supervision) i always tell them....these are my expectations of you, and you and you (so on and so on) all you have to do is meet, or exceed my expectations and we won't have any problems, but in the event you do not meet, or exceed my expectations we will have a very unpleaseant conversation. this has always worked for me everywhere i've been. there is a fine line of being a supervisor/boss and a threat to your workers and how they percieve you as a supervisor will be a direct reflection of their work and the quality thereof. (i know, lot's of management classes) take care, good luck, and everything is going to be allright! :)
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"