ManagingPrime

FAA riggers test prep

I used checkride.com and found it very helpful. They update the software often which is a plus.

+1

There were a few questions I had on my actual written that weren't on the test prep, but it wasn't anything crazy. Even the diagrams for the knots were the same ones on the actual test!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Thank you for the replies. I knew there had to be some good online resources. Poynters puts me to sleep in some sections, but I think bringing an online test into the mix will help a great deal.

Thank you.

Watch the Racer packing DVD... that put me to sleep EVERY time! :D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

I would caution you about just memorizing test questions...I sat in on a meeting last year concerning the written test and how some of the questions had no correct answers. There were several FAA guys from AFS involved that actually write the test questions. They were very open to correcting the issues the test had, but they also stated that the days of the FAA publishing the majority of their test questions for the applicants just to memorize were coming to an end.

It will probably take a fairly significant amount of time for them to phase out all the questions that are already published, but that process is under way. Studying the available questions is no doubt still a good way to study, I would just caution you to not focus all your studying on one source of information

Good Luck!!!

I would caution you about just memorizing test questions...

it is not a question of memorizing the questions... The 50 a day helped me think about the whole subject. Actually some questions had the text "reversed" so you really need to read the questions completely... IMO it was more a concentration/reading test than a "specific technical branch" test
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I would caution you about just memorizing test questions...I sat in on a meeting last year concerning the written test and how some of the questions had no correct answers. There were several FAA guys from AFS involved that actually write the test questions. They were very open to correcting the issues the test had, but they also stated that the days of the FAA publishing the majority of their test questions for the applicants just to memorize were coming to an end.

Good to hear they're actually going thru the questions and fixing the ones that just... well... you can't win!

I had 2 questions about how AAD's activate the pc launch, both with different answers! B|

I would caution you about just memorizing test questions...

it is not a question of memorizing the questions... The 50 a day helped me think about the whole subject. Actually some questions had the text "reversed" so you really need to read the questions completely... IMO it was more a concentration/reading test than a "specific technical branch" test

+1 on the 50 a day website. It will cover a vast majority of the possible questions you will see. However, there are still a few "no win/right answer" questions on the actual test that haven't been weeded out yet. I would not expect to see the "changes" made any time soon as they were to have the changes done some time ago and it still has not happened. The FAA seems to move ludicrously slow in this area.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING