Airviking

Slider doesn't stay collapsed

The seller replied that it does require a serious pull on the kill lines, but he never had a problem. So, maybe I'm just being a wuss. (Actually, being a mechanical engineer, I look at what the kill lines are actually doing, and how much pull should be required to do the job. If the actual required pull force is significantly higher than that, I think that something isn't right.)

Yeah this "rigger" is every bit a "dealer" which I feel is cause for conflict just about any time I show him something. He's also a gear nut, and salivates over the stuff that I just consider "bling". He's an OK guy, but I think he's struggling with his dealer-rigger business as his single source of income. And maybe a lack of time to boot.

I think I'll just try it again, and if it's a struggle, f**k it. I'm not a swooper so the collapsable slider is just bling to me. The slider has seen better days, so perhaps sinking $50 (2 jump ;) ) into altering it, versus $110 for a new one might not make too much sense. I can keep my eye out on the classifieds.

I believe you have my stapler.

When you go to collapse it, try the trick with one hand on the trailing edge of the slider applying forward pressure, and the other hand pulling the drawstring rearward. You might even position the 'forward' hand such that the drawstring goes inbetween your middle and ring finger, so your hand is centered behind the drawstring channel.

Even a correctly built slider does take a stout 'tug' at the end to lock it closed. This is to keep the slider fully collapsed, and make sure everything is 'tight' and secure.

Maybe just struggle with this one for now, and then 'treat' yourself to a new slider over the winter. A new slider and a new set of risers will make you feel like you have a new canopy and rig while you're flying around. and they make great stocking stuffers (hint to the wife, just be sure to leave a couple of completed order forms laying around so she orders the right stuff).

Try contacting PD. I had a canopy in for an inspection/reline a couple of years ago, PD rep contacted me regarding slider grommet wear. They had a used but like new correct-color slider for $35 as a replacement, naturally I jumped on that deal. Worth a call or email to check.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............