deaffreeflyer

Deaf / Hard of Hearing

Actually, no. I attend VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University), located in Richmond, Virginia.

I've visited Gallaudent University few times before and it is a nice school. I heard that John Woo works there so he might be the best person to talk about it. Don't worry, I plan on practicing and becoming a good skydiver so I can participate in DWR one day in the future. Good luck at Perris.

I'm a ASL student.
And will be there that weekend!
Lokking forward to meeting all of the participants and would like to get a photo of all you guys on the ground and one of the record skydive!
My instructor spent 2 yrs at Galudett,(she's not deaf)
lived with deaf family for 2 yrs (i think in France)
and was a interpreter in Washington DC. She translated for one of the presidents (i forget who, But was a funny story she told in class)
A hearing person cannot complete at Galudet(spelling?) from what I was told..
Her name is Toni Pineau if anyone reconizes her name..she now works as interpreter for the Navy at Pt. Mugu.
See ya there!
Gary Calhoun

Hey everyone,

I'm kinda late getting into this thread, but have been on rec.skydiving for years.

Good to see a lot of you deafies posting on here!:)
As you already know, the DWR was a HUGE success, and the stories are in the magazines.

Looking forward to DWR 2005 at Lake Wales, FL!B|

Blue Skies
Billy Vance
DWR Co-organizer
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

As you already know, the DWR was a HUGE success, and the stories are in the magazines.

Yes, awesome article in Parachutist. Lucky me, I was out at Perris the following weekend and got to meet Hubert Becher and his wife Judith.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Yes, awesome article in Parachutist. Lucky me, I was out at Perris the following weekend and got to meet Hubert Becher and his wife Judith.
He's an amazing guy, eh? Come take a look at these pictures...

http://www.deafskydivers.org/Profiles/HubertBecher/1stTandem/index.htm

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hey Aggie Dave, I jumped with David for years. Ask him about his brother, also deaf, who was in a static line course doing a PRCP with a belly wart. He pulled the reserve handle instead of the dummy ripcord resulting in 2 canopies out. Everyone on the DZ got a hugh laugh watching his dumb ass instructor flying around him under canopy yelling for him to cut away. Doh:D
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Yeah, I'm a bit hard of hearing. What happens when you shoot maching guns without wearing ear plugs.. stupid me.. my own fault, and also work around airplanes. [:/]
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

clicky

Just makes it easier.;)

Here's the picture of the deaf jumpers at the POP's Texas record. I'm right there in the white with them. I guess being an interperter, they just love hanging out with me;) In the formation I'm right between Charl and David.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey