Jib

Am I just lucky?

I got an Amex card in college got my first bill and the only thing on it was someone else's cruise vacation.

Somebody went shopping at Movado another time

Had to get a new Visa because someone was arrested with my number

Today, someone charged $800+ buying playstation crap on-line.

Has anyone else been so lucky with plastic?

** None of them have cost me anything, just had to wait for new cards

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

The last three were in the last three years and since I moved to where I live now. :S

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

I was going to advise you follow up with the credit scoring companies and make sure they understand you have been a fraud victim. Put a letter on file with Equifax , transunion ect, stating that you want to be notified before anyone opens additional lines of credit. But I see your a lawyer, so who cares? :D:D:D
Hey can you fix my speeding ticket?

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

go to www.truecredit.com and check your credit report. someone may have your social security number. if so, they can easily get access to your accounts, and open new ones. Please, check credit reports from ALL THREE agencies (Experion, Transunion and Equifax), because not all credit issuers report to the all agencies. Place fraud alerts on ALL agencies, so no one can issue credit without contacting you first.

Its well worth it.

I would encourage EVERYONE to check their credit reports. I randomly checked mine two years ago and found $9000 in fraud from a wireless phone account someone had opened in my name. Took almost a year to straighten out the mess.

If someone does have your social, you CAN change your SSN... PITA, though, but worth it.

Yeah same thing happened to me only the person who did it was my fiance (found out after he had become my exfiance). So I ended up $4k worth of debt b/c he put himself on my credit accounts and had access to my credit cards,ATM card and bank account info before I knew what had happened.[:/] I've finally paid it down under $2k and am looking forward to zero balances.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."