Casch

MoodySkydiver Needs Computer Help!

So I'm talking with Amber and she tells me that she can't look at any web pages, it says "Page Cannot Be Displayed, Check settings" etc. I walked her through deleting some registry keys that helped me through the same thing, and it didn't do anything for her (I had her back up the registry folder that she altered). She is going to call up HP soon and see if they can fix it for her, but meanwhile she's stuck without the use of the internet. She can only use AOL Instant Messenger....any takers???

The first thing I would check is her network settings in IE, i.e. (no pun intended) if Automatically Detect Network Settings is on if she is on a LAN or ethernet. I would also check her network settings in her OS, if it is XP run auto-repair on it and see if that changes anything.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

I don't have XP on my computer, and haven't really messed with it much as far as setting it up goes. If you have AIM, I doubt she would mind it much if you gave her a heads up, her AIM name is MoodySkydiver. She just reboot though so she may not be on again for a few.

Or you could tell me where to find the auto repair, so I can relay that to her

I'd like to try to help her. Tell her to message (without quotes) "coryalbertson" if she still needs the help. (edit: nevermind...I didn't see you left her name...I'll message her)

I know a thing or two about computers...you should get Ivan to help ya though!

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!