TomAiello

Damn, I'm such a geek

I just had a half hour discussion about BASE. With a friend in Belgium. Via videoconference. From my front porch.

I'm just so psyched about technology. I'm using iChat AV. I can't believe this is built into the system. I just plug in my camera (the same one I use to shoot jump video) and I'm talking to people, and showing them my latest jump video. I'm so freakin' impressed with this new system.

Anyone else tried this yet?

Quade? I know you have all the necessary parts.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Must be Mac, because he said nothing about crashing.
I know my computer crashes after about 10 minutes of webconferencing using my Logitech Webcam

Yep, it's a Mac. The video feature is built into the latest system version.

I haven't had any crashes. The only problems were when I hot plugged firewire cameras (switching back and forth from my TRV-20 to the Apple iSight camera just for the heck of it), and then all I had to do was re-start the video session (the underlying chat session just kept going fine, which was handy so I could tell my friend what was going on).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Any idea if I can interface the Mac system with one of those? It doesn't work with MSN, but it does work with AIM. Does AIM have a video feature?

AIM doesn't have video, but there's a MAC version of Yahoo messenger.

There's a Mac version of MSN, too. But what I meant was can I use iChat, and talk (via video) to someone on the far end who is stuck on a PC? I can do this for text chat to AIM, but not to MSN.

You can communicate with different software (video) if they are both H.323 compliant.

Hey, I just took off my headset and killed the GE webcam. I've been talking to people in Europe prepping for my trip. Hell of a lot cheaper than the phone. Just using Yahoo Messenger with voice and video connection.

So sweet.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Slight hijack:

What's the letter-number name for wireless connections? I heard about a new one coming out that removes the opening handshake vulnerabilities. (yes I'm tired and should know this)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Slight hijack:

What's the letter-number name for wireless connections? I heard about a new one coming out that removes the opening handshake vulnerabilities. (yes I'm tired and should know this)

I think is 802.11g