fool

long story

So, here I sit visiting my folks for the holidays... how I got here is an incredibly long story, so I'll try to keep it somewhat brief, highlighting the important/amusing points of the journey.

It all started on the 17th of this month... i was planning on going to the east coast here to see a girl I was really into, and see how things went, to see if there was potential... I had been looking forward to this trip for about two months give or take.

First, the trip there. 1st flight, an hour and a half late, uneventful after that. 2nd flight... worst flight that ever landed safely I'm sure. It was also an hour and a half late boarding, we waited for 2 hours in the airplane with no progress at all, then finally get told that we were waiting for a weight and balance sheet to come in... of course, off balance, so we wait for more fuel. I think about 3 hours after the initial boarding we finally start taxiing away, only to be called back, because... get this... there were two people who are not on the plane that should be! I couldn't beleive it... I've never heard that before, a plane turning around for people who couldn't be on time (let alone 3 hours late) Anyhow, we go back, pick them up, get de-iced, and finally take off. About half way through the flight, the captain tells us that the 1st officer is gonna come check out the wing, because there's a light on the dash that says one of the forward flight controls isn't working... this happens, the guy goes back to the cockpit, and we here nothing... I'm thinking after you say there's a problem with the wing, maybe an update would be nice... Finally, the capt. comes back on the intercom, and says that we're going to turn around, and make the flight back to our original airport, switch planes and try again. None of us could beleive our ears on that one... the steward starts making his way to the rear of the plane, and breaks into a jog... me, not being the least sarcastic person ever living, pipe in with "That's the fastest thing in Jetsgo right there." At least it amused the passengers for a while.. I thought the one stewardess was gonna pee herself actually... Anyhow, we make the switch, and arrive safely. The original arrival time was 1010 pm, we got there at 525 am... WOW, long day. It gets better.

I finally get to see the girl I've been so impatient to see, and short version being, she's decided she sees us as just friends now. I'm thinking I should've just taken the hint with all the crap that happened on the flight here, but was fooled with the whole "it'll be worth it when I get there." So, I make the decision, that rather than having one friend, and a province full of strangers, I'm gonna pony up the 500 bucks, and make my way home to familiar faces and family. I am here now, and because I have such awesome friends, I do feel better.

I've learned a few lessons on this one.

Never again give up a trip to arizona for the possibility of love, regardless of how cool it would be to find "the one" (chances are she's in arizona anyhow dumbass)

Two, stop chasing the carrot dangling in front of my face... I think the possibility that love exists is my achilles heel

three... there's a fine line between being a hopeless romantic, and just being hopeless.

four... my handle here, and my email address aren't just clever names

five... never pass up a trip to arizona for a girl. I know, I said that before.

six... before I went there, I was happy, had awesome friends, suck at a sport that I love, and was enjoying life, just trying to live it moment for moment (tougher than I thought)... NOW, all that's different, is I don't have her. Therefore, all the other things should be there... I'm working on making it so.

Sorry about the long post, it's early, I'm bored, thought I'd share.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

NOW, all that's different, is I don't have her. Therefore, all the other things should be there... I'm working on making it so.

It will all work out, man. Vibes etcetera. It passes. Drink some beers, go jumping (not necessarily in that order, or if so, not too closely spaced).

It used to work for me :)

--
ZZZzzzz....

I would love to be able to go jumping... it's very much winter here, hence the added regret of not being in Eloy right now... see you guys there next year. I promise. The beers have been working out so far though. Went and saw a pretty good movie with a couple of my favorite people in the world too. I came to the conclusion on the way home, that there is going to be something good happen here during the holidays that I'm supposed to be here for, thus recrediting the "everything happens for a reason" philosophy I'd been trying to live

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".