kansasskydiver

Hate my job

we launched a new modem/router and new software and have gotten no f*cking training for it and have no trouble shooting tools. We techs haven't even been able to see the modem or software yet in person. I've been pulling stuff outta my ass for the last hour and I'm here OT now because I can't fix a simple problem with the guys router.

so if you didn't know btw, sbc sucks lol
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

You work for SBC?
I'm guessing as a system tech. That's better than being a Service Tech;).

-Grant /Tech #644

i'm Customer Self Install... I talk to the people who can't figure out how to install it themselves...

but in the case of the new modem/router it's not compatible with windows xp for some reason when you try to run the cd instead of going thru the gui

to add to teh complication, the dude is asking me when to press next, reading me the screens and then his kid is SCREAMING in the phone next to him. he must be like the ref from the bud comercial becauae he's obviously not paying ANY attention to the screaming kid
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Yep, I work for Verizon and if you don't come in due to STATE of EMERGENCY (and the State Trooper tried to arrest me for being out) the company takes a day's vacation from you automatically>:( (as a Service Tech. we used to have Civil Defense authority to be out**that now, was removed by the state):|
I am going to move to Florida. 20 months at the latestB|
P.S. this thread has NOTHING to do with the "repost" issue.

Hate my job

I hear you, got laid off from systems analyst job over a year ago, best thing that ever happened to me. Much happier but unfortunately much poorer.;)
“Now click your heels together 3 times so you can return to Kansas to live in poverty with your teetotaling, dirt farming aunt and uncle!” paraphrased Prof. Farnsworth

my boss didn't come in today because of the snow. when i called in this morning they said that EVERYONE had to come in. When I got here they thanked me for coming in and said that it wasn't reuqueired there's only a handful of us here today

That's some cheap crap right there. At least my boss' policy is pretty straightforward: if you're not bleeding profusely or on fire over 99% of your body, you can find a way to get to work. B|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.