awagnon

Demo chute question

I tried a search and couldn't find the answer to this question. I have a demo chute coming, which is on risers but you have to attach your own D-bag and pilot chute. The swap looks straight forward and I feel comfortable doing it myself. Is this a "modification" that requires a rigger, or can this be done by the anyone? Thanks.
Alton

"Luck favors the prepared."

Of course by a certain reading of the newly modified/clarified FAR 65.111 that is something that requires a rigger of an less than clear rating.:S

Its pretty clear (to me) that without a ticket, or a rigger watching, its against the rules.

But, lets not go back into this discussion for the umpteenth time on here this month. B|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Alton, if you're demoing one of the Pulse canopies brought by Ward/Mirage, he's there (along with Jack, Fish, Phil, Brian...all can watch/oversee it for you.
I'd bet Ward or Jack would want to do it for you.

Alton, if you're demoing one of the Pulse canopies brought by Ward/Mirage, he's there (along with Jack, Fish, Phil, Brian...all can watch/oversee it for you.
I'd bet Ward or Jack would want to do it for you.

Hi, Douglas. PD talked like they won't make it to SDU this year, so they're mailing the canopy. I'll get Jack or one of the others to do it or at least walk me through it. I don't want to violate an FAR. I'm trying to decide between a smaller Silhouette or a Pulse.
Alton

"Luck favors the prepared."