antonija

Freefly suit material

I see some manufacturers making very "high-tech" freefly suits, with a range of different materials, ranging from thick cordura to slick ZP or F111 for different parts of the suit. But at DZs I still see people flying "normal" suits made just from polycotton, no fancy "cordura legs" and such.

My question is do these "new" materials make noticeable difference in ones flying (more control, more power, etc.) and are they worth the high cost usually associated with them (500+ EUR)?
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

I recently bought a Rainbow Dragster Suit.

I have 400 Freefly Jumps and some tunnel time. So i', not the most experienced guy out there. The suit with parapack ass and knees costs 420 EUR.

Before that I used polycotton Freefly pants and sweatshirt. It's a huge difference. I was really amazed.
If you want to freefly and are gonna spend money on a suit I would definitly recommend a high tech suit, I can only speak for the Dragster though.

It gives you a great range on your belly as well, I use it to film Tandems also.