headoverheels

Doc, I have a cutting pain inside...

Krikey!

Well, I'd say that's a pretty cut and dry case of negligence. I don't NEED to know any facts other than scissors were left inside (here in Cali, you won't even have to prove a "standard of care" argument if you leave scissors in someone).

Why the hell didn't they x-ray her before they closed her up? Thats' the normal way of doing things - that and simply counting scissors and sponges and such.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Krikey!

Well, I'd say that's a pretty cut and dry case of negligence. I don't NEED to know any facts other than scissors were left inside (here in Cali, you won't even have to prove a "standard of care" argument if you leave scissors in someone).

Why the hell didn't they x-ray her before they closed her up? Thats' the normal way of doing things - that and simply counting scissors and sponges and such.

They probably wanted to spare themselves some "cutting" remarks! Awhahwhahahw!:S:DB|:)
mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I don't NEED to know any facts other than scissors were left inside (here in Cali, you won't even have to prove a "standard of care" argument if you leave scissors in someone).

I believe that's also the case in New York State, where I work and live. Of course, I'm not a lawyer, but I am a Radiologic Technologist (X-Ray Tech).

That's NOT the normal way of doing things. Everything should, and I believe usually is counted. It's only when the count is off that an X-Ray is taken, and I've taken a number of those myself.

X-Ray'ing everyone after surgery would significantly increase the average X-Ray dose to the patients which would result in more cases of cancer i.e. leukemia etc. Not that there aren't numerous unnecessary X-Rays, CT scans etc. already.

There would also need to be a serious increase in the number of X-Ray techs, and a bunch more equipment necessary to do that. There are LOTS of surgeries going on in this country. That would cost much money.

Now I've taken this thread in an unnecessarily serious direction.

BS

North