dropdeded

Dinner In LA

Had a run to UCLA and called a friend after. My partner, his wife, and I met at I think it was called TYPHOON? at an airport just off the 405 then the 10 freeway (yes I got lost). Excellent food, highly recommended.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Typhoon? Yeah, I've heard plenty of things about it and turned down many an invite.

It's at Santa Monica Airport. Typhoon's specialty? Insects. Considering I am profoundly phobic of insects, I won't go there.

You can get deep fried scorpion, stir fried crickets, baked bamboo termites and giant mountain ants.

So, tell me, Ed. Did you get to experience what Typhoon is all about?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Deep fried scorpion??? Whoa B|!

I miss the LA restaurants. Never been to Typhoon, I moved from LA 8 years ago but my favorite places to eat were

Chaya Venice in Venice, CA and of course Jerry's Famous Deli in Studio City :)
edited to add: Hey Dropdeded: You should try and make it up to the American Boogie!
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Considering I am profoundly phobic of insects, I won't go there.

Not phobic, but sure as hell wouldnt try fried insects. HELL NO. Probably cost a pretty penny too, would rather go to another place. Or eat some cheap good food and save the $$ for jump tickets and equipment.

I miss the LA restaurants. Never been to Typhoon, I moved from LA 8 years ago but my favorite places to eat were

I moved from LA last July. Less than a year ago. I had lots of favorites when I was a reckless restaurant hound.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Typhoon's specialty? Insects

Don't even think about taking me there....EVER!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Ya know I honestly dont know WTF I ate, I know it was really tasty stuff but I dont recall seeing any little legs or antenea's(sp?) stickin out. hmmm???
I do several trips to UCLA per month and Im thinkin I will be eatin there again, gonna have to try some cool ass bug soup or something.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-