skymama

Skydiving on TV

For you people not in the Eastern time zone, it's in the 8:00 hour of Good Morning America this morning. They have a segment on a group of paraplegics who went on tandems, I think at The Ranch. It's a very nice and inspiring segment with a lot of tandem footage shown.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

For you people not in the Eastern time zone, it's in the 8:00 hour of Good Morning America this morning. They have a segment on a group of paraplegics who went on tandems, I think at The Ranch. It's a very nice and inspiring segment with a lot of tandem footage shown.

ABC also had an interview with George the 1st on his 80th birthday plans to skydive again. Not really long but longer than 2 seconds. Great exposure!
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

If you watch TLC American HotRod had a segment where Boyd took his crew to a DZ in Calif to make skydives. They worked in the tunnel and all made jumps.

I think Kate was the tunnel instructor? or she was the one showing them around the DZ etc.. I caught it out of the corner of my eye and didn't see it all.

Sorry didn't catch the dz or remember to much except it was on the show :)

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Ya it was at the ranch. They did a good job on it.:)
blue skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

sooooo pissed to be given a 'day off' to play in the tunnel???

WTF is wrong with those wuffos??!?!?

Yep, thats what I was thinking. He was really busy and behind schedule at work so he didn't think it was smart to take half the day off. He only got like 2 minutes in the tunnel which would probably kinda suck.

Dave

I have a comment that really has nothing to do with a 'real' event, but is all about tv. If its a repost, then let 'them' come get me.
Its about the show ER. When Dr Greene died, he had a 'to do' list and they showed him doing it all. Somewhere on his list, skydiving was listed. He did an AFF with one instructor and when it came time for him to jump, the instructor went to the door first, Dr Greene gave him a 'thumbs up'..and the instructor took off about 4 seconds before him. There was no perspective of a cameraman outside the door, just the longshot inside the plane.
So...the lone instructor left before the student (no where NEAR the student in the plane, may I add) and there's a lone camera man INSIDE the plane ready to film the student's exit.
I fell out LAUGHING when I saw this...and I'll NEVER forget it. I have too many 'rightsides' with pilots to believe that scene. Is is B.S.? Anyone know where this was filmed and why they filmed it that way?~~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!