falxori

Best HD MP3 player

looking for a MP3 player...
lets here the good the bad and the ugly about these...

my first choice was the ipod mini, but no one has it in stock and since i need it for next week, i figured i'll go for the ipod.
i'm not too happy with the "must use itunes to transfer music" tough.

P.s
i dont know anything about itunes so forgive me if this sounds stupid...
can you transfer any MP3 files with it or will it work with those bought online or ripped from a CD using itunes itself?

thanks
O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Buy the iPOD mate.

iTunes is an excellent application. It's been released fro PC also.
You can also store data via F/wire. I'd also buy the cradle if I was you,

I've had mnine for a few years now without any problems!

Good luck.;)
RED LIGHTS & OFF LANDINGS ARE JUST MY THANG
http://www.redlightrob.co.uk

You can transfer mp3 files obtained from anywhere, AAC files bought from iTunes store, AIF files from CDs (native file format for CDs - large files) and you can rip CDs.

iTunes is a great program, the same for Windows as Mac.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Yeah, but onerous DRM restrictions annoy me.

Not only that, if you drop an iPod, you'll be singin' the blues.

I've got a solid-state MP3 player that uses Compact Flash cards - in my opinion it offers the best in flexibility, size and economy (I can swap CF cards with my digital camera, my PDA, and via a Type II PCMCIA adapter, with my laptop).

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Neuros is the best I've seen. It's really nice because you can broadcast an FM signal over short distances, great for parties, set up radios in multiple rooms and they'll all play the same thing. Also great for road trips to boogies.

I think the only retail place you can get it is compUSA or online.

www.neurosaudio.com
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Mark,

I have a fairly modest music collection of about 7 gb. How much would it cost me to carry that around on CF media? I can't see it being an economical approach not to mention the hassle of changing cards, etc.

I have an older 20gb iPod...I have all my music on it, my wife's music and dozens of hours of kids' music. It is a wonderful device to bring along on a road trip...no CDs and we have all our tunes with us. Plus. it's so easy to use even my wife uses it and she is a complete techno-hater.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey