jenette

Why are Dolphin containers laugh at in parts of Australia or is it a global thing?

Al may have eliminated that with the Sidewinder but I don't believe that would be the reason for increased strength. I understand what you are saying and could see how it could cause a problem. Also, I am familiar with the reference. The direction of force there and how it is being transferred is less than ideal. But if the harness is articulated the loads are better directed even if the upper leg strap is there. That is really the beauty of the articulation, the forces are directed properly. I see what you are saying but I don't believe it is the reason. Unless I see some destructive test results from Jumpshack, which I don't think I will, I think they are just crunching numbers and believe the webbing is stronger than the hardware so having a harness without any is stronger. But that doesn't account for the direction of forces. This problem is something that I covered in first year engineering and understand it well.

I asked Nancy at JumpShack and she says on a racer the traditional harness (no rings) is stronger. in my opinion for the buyer hip rings are fashion and for the seller it is extra profit. nothing wrong with either.

The Sidewinder has the exact same harness as the Racer and I have no idea why a independent source would give information that wasn't true. So I am more willing to side with the destructive test results. However, I do find it interesting that they are saying the opposite and makes me wonder if they have done similar tests and what their results were.

Im curious, do you know if and where the findings of said destructive testing might be found?

This is interesting, i can see how 'slipping' the load might make the harness perform better...but i can also see, and always believed the less breaks in the continious harness the better...the stronger.

id like to review that kind of test just to understand better...

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~