flyhy

damage to canopy

My canopy got cut (by customs?) when it got shipped over to me and I'm now in the process of a complaint to get compensation..
They're asking for the amount of damage in $ (incl. reference) but I'm not sure where to get such info and I don't have enough time to find a local rigger..

The canopy got a 5cm (2") cut through both layers of the center cell.

If anyone can estimate how much those two patches (+labour) are worth and how much a canopy generally looses value from such damage (in %) that would be a great help!

My GF has a Nitro on which the upper side of the second to center cell is damaged. At first, a rigger said he would just put on a patch (approx. 40 EUR/ 60 USD).

Later on he revised his first opinion and said the whole layer of the cell had to be replaced because the stitching would decrease fabric strength too much. This would have cost approx. 300 EUR / 450 USD.

A second rigger saw the damage and had the same opinion. He said that it matters how far the damage is away from the next seam. The nearer the worse.

My canopy got cut (by customs?) when it got shipped over to me and I'm now in the process of a complaint to get compensation..
They're asking for the amount of damage in $ (incl. reference) but I'm not sure where to get such info and I don't have enough time to find a local rigger..

The canopy got a 5cm (2") cut through both layers of the center cell.

If anyone can estimate how much those two patches (+labour) are worth and how much a canopy generally looses value from such damage (in %) that would be a great help!

show us the picture of the damage, make sure to show it relative to the seam(s). It could be anywhere from $35/patch to $250 per each piece of top/bottom skin. also, look at the rib, it's quite possible it got cut through as well.