Brumby

AFF GRADUATION YESTERDAY

Finally, if completed my AFF course B|. Done my Level 8 Hop "n" Pop from 5k. From up there it looked more like 500 feet [:/]. I originally started off on RAPS but for some reason, when i went up in an SMG on my 5th jump they opened the door @ 3200ft and i froze. From thereon, i refused to get out of the door. After deciding to give it another go by doing AFF.............BOY was it well worth it! All i can say is, if you can afford it, do it.....................

Congratulations! I finished AFF about a month ago, and the last 3 jumps on it were hop and pops from 5000', 4000' and then 3000'. I thought I'd be scared to get out the door at 3000', but after doing the other 2 just before it was easy. You should go back now and do a hop and pop from 3000' just to prove to yourself you can. Personally I hate knowing there is something that scares me so much I wont do it, so if you're anything like me, you should just do it!
Good luck with your jumping!
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

You have a good point! Ive done it so i know i will be able to do it. Cheers for that........

Confidence is a wonderful thing! Like many AFF grads I hated going out low (like less than 5k!) but in May we took a lift up when there was low cloud and the other guys (all demo qualified) said they would go if we made 1500ft!! I was like WTF?? My Spectre might take that long to open sub terminal!! Anyway, we got 2200ft and I was so relieved that I jumped, pulled when clear and was open in just a few hundred feet. After that, getting out at 2.5-3k doesn't phase me any more!! :P

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.