bertusgeert

Waking Life

I did a search and found a few people that have seen the movie, but havent seen anyone discuss it.

I just finished it. One of the weirdest movies I have seen in a while. Cool, but I didn't get it. Maybe (like the boat-car guy said) I just received two crayons, not 8.

So what did you all make of it?

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

I watched waking life over 10 times now and every time I watch it I notice something i haven't noticed b4 and learn more about it.

I think u should watch it a few more times and things would start to click right away, everything makes so much sense.

the way i c it is that the guy is dead, he died when the he found the note that tells him to look to the right, and from that moment on his actually in some sort of lucid dream, and he's slowly finding out that he's actually dead.

anyway, The Ongoing WOW is happening right now!

I've got this at home, i've only watched it a couple of times though but you do definately pick up on new things each time. it really made me think about planes of conscious and just how powerful and deceptive they are. strangely enough i actually had my first lucid dream the night before watching it. I've had three since then, apparently there are things you can do to kind of teach your mind to lucid dream more often, i'd love to do that, it's such an amazing feeling.

And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need
'Cause you knew you were finally free - Death Cab For Cutie

I thought there was some kind of deep philosphy behind the whole movie

Not really (I don't think) - if there is, it's pretty thin. It will at least make you think about those sorts of things though, which I think was really the intent. If there was some other intent, it failed miserably.

The whole rotoscoping thing was a good well to tell the story (or rather, the lack thereof) though. Just call it an animated freshman philosophy class :D
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality