SkydiveNFlorida

K-9 Training... at work?

Hi all. I work nights and just walked outside for a walk around the bldg. There were 6 K-9 units outside. When I asked the guard what was going on, he told me that the police said they were doing K-9 training (were going to chase the dogs around the bldg!). Shouldn't they have a facility for this? Is this safe? I promptly went back inside, not wanting to be bitten by a dog today. This can't be legal... CAN IT??

Let me know what you think, so I can send an e-mail to facilities if this is abnormal (seems it to me!)
Angela.

HA! Ha! You'll be fine, just be sure to say on the TAIL side of the doggies. :P

If they're doing K9 exercises with seasoned dogs, have no fear - those dogs only pursue the appointed target. Well, at least they're supposed to.

Of course, they might not be doing bite work. They could be doing tracking or drug sniffing...

:D

Is a chicken omelette redundant?

I guess what i'm really asking here is, IS THIS LEGAL? Are police allowed to randomly disturb businesses (which are operating during THEIR business hours)? If the guy needs a heavy glove to do the training, i'm sure as hell not staying out there.

If they were here in actual pursuit of something, I would not feel so violated. But, just to come out and TRAIN their dogs here, that seems a bit obserd to me.

Angela.