e.a.hernandez

CRW lines?

Hi all,

I am a beginner and am looking for my first main. I saw a Spectre 170 in which seller specified the canopy had CRW lines. What are these? And how does it affect the canopy flight? Of course, I will consult with my instructors before making any desicion...etc.. but just wanted to read what others have to say...

Thanks in advance

As stated above, it won't affect your flight at all.

To answer your first question..."What are they?":

Typically "CReW lines" would mean that the center A lines are NOT cascaded, are made of larger diameter line, and often are colored red.

I have a Spectre 210 with this mod which I have put hundreds of RW jumps on... without any issues whatsoever. However, by having this mod I can do simple informal CReW more easily.B| Of course, serious CReW typically involves a number of changes: retracting pilot chute, tail pocket deployment (no d-bag).

In the most extreme cases, CReW rigs can look like they were packed by a blind, one-armed rigger. ;)

I love my Spectre. See this thread for more info about the Spectre:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3772857#3772857

The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Hi all,

I am a beginner and am looking for my first main. I saw a Spectre 170 in which seller specified the canopy had CRW lines. What are these? And how does it affect the canopy flight? Of course, I will consult with my instructors before making any desicion...etc.. but just wanted to read what others have to say...

Thanks in advance

CRW lines will likely be dacron ( like the lines on most student gear)
not spectra (microline) which will give the canopy a bigger pack volume.
As long as you use a regular slider ( CRW can use mesh sliders or "spider" ( just a tape X between the grommets) slider) and a "D" bag
It should be fine as a regular free fall canopy.
Spectres are known for their soft openings, with dacron lines they should be even softer as dacron stretches where spectra does not.B|