e.a.hernandez

Used Cypress

I have asked like 25 people to part out their rig so I can buy only the cypress. They all refuse. Is there a reason for this market trend? does seperating the cypress makes rig harder to sell? Is it because they don't want to pay rigger to put reserve back? I am curious. Any advice on how to get a used cypress with 2-4 years left. It seems impossible.

>Is there a reason for this market trend?

Cypreses are 100% transferable, so generally when someone wants a new rig they sell the old rig but hang on to the cypres.

>does seperating the cypress makes rig harder to sell?

Well, depends. If it's to a person that has a cypres and a reserve, then no, it wouldn't. If someone wants an entire rig and absolutely wants a cypres from the first jump on it, then yes, it would be harder to sell a no-AAD rig to that person.

>Is it because they don't want to pay rigger to put reserve back?

Generally any sale is going to involve an inspect/repack, so that's probably not the main reason.

>Any advice on how to get a used cypress with 2-4 years left.

Just look around. They show up here all the time; we have a few of them. (Not for sale; we use them as loaners.)

(BTW I'll move this to Gear and Rigging; you may get better answers there)

You just answered your own question. The reason nobody wants to sell just the Cypres is that the supply is low and the demand is high. The old (and cheap) Cypres might be the best part of the rig they're trying to sell, why would they want to part it out?

There's also the hassle of removing it, and then having to make multiple transactions to sell the gear.

Maybe just buck up and buy a whole rig, remove the Cypres and sell the rest. If you can find one that's priced right, you might end up with a Cypres for free or almost nothing. That's actually how I got my first Cypres, I bought a complete used rig for a very good price, removed the Cypres, and sold rig for what I paid for it.

Or just buy a new Cypres, knowing that it has a fixed market value, and that you can sell a used Cypres in a day or two. If you quit jumping, you get the balance of your money back, and if you dont' quit jumping, you'll need a Cypres anyway.