ltdiver

Media hook-ups

Ok. Simple question that I can't figure out here. Please help!

Swapped out my older Sony VCR for a newer one tonight. Of similar price and quality. I did -not- have this problem with my older Sony VCR. Just this new one.

I have everything hooked up through my stereo's equalizer. TV. Stereo. DVD. VHS. Stereo speakers for all audio, including TV. There are in-line hook-ups for everything. RCA cables (best quality ones I could buy at Best Buy).

Now for the question. I don't have paid cable hook-ups for TV watching. I have an on-the-roof antennae. It works well and I have cable hook-ups from the antennae to the livingroom. I do have a splitter for the cable to go both to the main VCR and TV, though.

All channels come in as clear as an antennae can give you on -both- the TV and VCR. All except CBS and NBC (channel 2 and 4 here in my neck of the woods). These come in clear on the TV...but no matter how I configure the VCR it's VERY bad reception when viewed through there for just those 2 channels.

Hmmmmm.....can't figure it out. I only use my VCR for taping tv shows I'd like to watch later...and for downloading videos from my video camera for those who want to watch their jumps. NBC has most of the programs I like to tape. :^(

Anyone out there with some help?!

Thanks.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Only thing I can think of is perhaps making sure the VCR tuner is set up for antenna reception and not cable? Probably not since you say all other channels are good, but just a thought... Otherwise, a foil hat, grab the antenna cable, a little to the left, raise your right arm... there. Don't move!:)

Only thing I can think of is perhaps making sure the VCR tuner is set up for antenna reception and not cable? Probably not since you say all other channels are good, but just a thought... Otherwise, a foil hat, grab the antenna cable, a little to the left, raise your right arm... there. Don't move!:)

I've tried both setting up for antenna and cable. Both, believe it or not, react the same! Dang it!

Help!!!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon