bofh

Hard opening Neos?

My friend with the 99 has returned it too now after two weeks of having a sore neck after a brutal opening. The reseller just lets the customers pick another Icarus canopy now instead after too many complaints.

The Neos is not an icarus canopy. That is why is has quite a different logo to the other canopies Icarus Spain makes, it is thier own design and is not made anywhere other than the spain factory. You just needed the take the word 'another' out of that statement and it would be correct.

;)

Just being picky.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

My friend with the 99 has returned it too now after two weeks of having a sore neck after a brutal opening. The reseller just lets the customers pick another Icarus canopy now instead after too many complaints.

The Neos is not an icarus canopy. That is why is has quite a different logo to the other canopies Icarus Spain makes, it is thier own design and is not made anywhere other than the spain factory. You just needed the take the word 'another' out of that statement and it would be correct.

So when the Neos is on the Icarus website, under the Icarus Products tab, and the description starts "The ICARUS NEOS is the finest high performance canopy in the market today." this is Icarus' way of telling us that the Neos is not actually an Icarus canopy?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Once again, the Neos is an Icarus canopy. Call Fernando and Jyro and ask them about the company arrangements if you really need to know.

Go to your Icarus dealer, and they will sell you a Neos.

Plus mine has never opened hard.

This has all been covered before, but anyone who has any problems with any Icarus canopies, just go to your Icarus dealer and they will sort it out for you.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

So when the Neos is on the Icarus website, under the Icarus Products tab, and the description starts "The ICARUS NEOS is the finest high performance canopy in the market today." this is Icarus' way of telling us that the Neos is not actually an Icarus canopy?

When they are available from nzaerosports and present the label, 'icarus neos', then I will agree.

Maybe that has changed in the last couple of years, they may be awesome canopies, for ali know, but I buy from NZ aerosports, they don't sell them. They sell Icarus canopies.

I'll ask Attila when I talk to him in the short future. when i asked him and Jyro at the 2006 world meet they gave me the impression they are not an icarus canopy, that may have changed for all i know...

The ICARUS NEOS is the finest high performance canopy in the market today

In my opinion, that comment is a joke!

They may be a great canopy in thier class but that is promising something that is simply not true!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

This has all been covered before, but anyone who has any problems with any Icarus canopies, just go to your Icarus dealer and they will sort it out for you.

Are you suggesting that if a Kiwi or an aussie has a problem with a 'Neos' then they could sent it to NZAeroports to have the problem resolved?

I'm not being ficecious, just wanting clarification.

Thanks to two production line, and two separate companys in two diffrent part of the world, not communicating at ALL made me wanna go PD....

I got most of my canopies from a dealer and its the dealer that buys them from one of the companies. Which one doesn't really matter to me since the canopies still fly the same.

On the other hand, I think they should improve their communication with their customers. I ordered my first new canopy, got quoted a 12 week delivery and 4 weeks later it arrived in the mail together with a 10 day invoice... Not a problem for me, but I can imagine other people having some problems raising the funds for the new canopy in the beginning of January. On the other hand, I guess the dealer could have prolonged the invoice period if needed.

The next canopies were delivered two weeks later than the quoted delivery date, making it a bit harder to get it smuggled to Sweden since my friends had already left the USA. ;)

My forth Icarus canopy was bought unused from a friend that grew tired of waiting for it, the delivery date was prolonged to six months.