dove

American Express Financial Advisors

My old roommate used to do this. If you are looking to change careers, then AMEX will train you on how to be a financial advisor, then you owe them a certain ammount of time working for them for your training. Some of the things AMEX offers are worthwhile, I want to say they have a good money market account plan, but its been over a year since I checked it out last and the paperwork is still sitting next to the throne. Next time I go for a sit down, I'll look it over.

Anyways, he said he got tired of basically being a financial salesman and not a financial advisor, so he went to work for Charles Schwab. The guy totally dominates all his fellow employee's by almost 300% in the monthly numbers, so I tend to trust him.

Just be careful, ask LOTS of questions, and watch out for hidden fee's.

Off Topic, I had a meeting with an AMEX advisor a year or so back and I ask my roommate about it. My roommate actually knew the advisor that I was going to see and told me things to watch out for, basically said it'd be a waste of my time and then told me to watch out for the sales pitch. Sure as shit, the Financial advisor gave me the sales pitch verbatim as my roommate said to watch out for. I grabbed my stuff and left.

My father used to work for them for a bit and he set me up with one of their advisors to do some financial planning. It started out great and then the guy just got very pushy. In my honest opinion, they are just salesmen trying to make money off of you. The guy didn't want to help me live the life I wanted to... he wanted me to put all my money into ridiculous things that didn't make sense for me. Blah blah blah... = bad experience.

Off Topic, I had a meeting with an AMEX advisor a year or so back and I ask my roommate about it. My roommate actually knew the advisor that I was going to see and told me things to watch out for, basically said it'd be a waste of my time and then told me to watch out for the sales pitch. Sure as shit, the Financial advisor gave me the sales pitch verbatim as my roommate said to watch out for. I grabbed my stuff and left.

My mom agreed to meet with one of them after he toldher about a great deal. When he arrived the deal was no where to be found. >:(

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt