JustaBill

xm MyFi

Wondering if anyone has one of these yet. They are the portable xm radio's. Kind of like a walkman. Thinking of getting one for work but want to know other peoples experience with them or the xm system before I drop that much money.
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever

I'd try and demo one to see how well it works inside a building. I have Sirius in my car and I lose reception going under bridges and in parking decks. It may only work outside with a clear line of site with the sat's. But if you work outside I don't guess it'd make much difference...

I work for the railroad, so anytime I'd be using it I'd be parked somewhere and could hang an antenae outside the engine cab

XM has a very strong signal, I have my antenna on my dashboard, and it gets perfect signal. the MyFi does come with a car kit and portable antenna but the portable antenna doesnt get that great of service. it wont work inside a building or inside anything with a roof. it needs to have some form of line of sight to the sky. through a window is cool. if u are ourside or in a car all day u will be fine. but u can just get a skyfi and get the mobile car kit and it will be just as effective in a car as a myfi, and alot less money. if u need it to be on u while u walk around then u need the myfi, and 99% of places u will get signal
----
-God, you are the perfect amount of dumb...

Thanks for the info. I'd need the one I can walk around with cause the train engines don't have any kind of FM radio in them.

The Roady 2 from XM also has an attachment that can make it portable and walkman-like.
The MyFi? allows you to record whatever program you want and listen to it later.
XM radio seems better than Sirius.
O&A are really funny and worth the 2 extra bucks
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!