skydiverek

VIDEO of premature deployment at WFFC

Wow, the aircraft insurance companies would just cringe seeing this clip! I'm guessing that a long closing loop is the culprit here, right?

I had a chance to speak with him later that day. He told me the closing loop had just been replaced by a packer before this jump. He said the loop came about an inch to inch and a half above the last grommet. He also said he had been leaning back on his container on the ride to altitude. My thoughs are that it was a combination of a closing loop being too long and compressing his D-bag. I didn't have the opportunity to inspect his gear.

Cant download this images.

Single right click the first link and choose "Save target as". Save it to your desktop. When the download is done, double left click the file on your desktop...

Thanx for that!:$

A man who views the world at 50, the same as he did when he was 20, has wasted 30 yrs of his life.

"Muhammad Ali"

OMFG!!! The footage is brilliant! But wow they are all very very lucky!! I had a pre mature deployment inside a pilatus porter on my 100th jump, I was very lucky that the canopy missed the tail and that the pilot chute cleared the BOC.

I did check my pin right before I slid down the seat cause I was shy about being naked! A stupid mistake that could have killed the pilot & I. I learnt my lesson well, always check your pin and dont jump naked hee hee! :):)

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball