dmetz

New Baby

How did having a your first baby affect your jumping?

ie: -kept on truckin
-slowed down, then picked back up
-slowed down permanently
-stopped

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?"

Oh come on, doesn't anyone else have kids? And did they come along after you started skydiving? And how did that come into play when it came time to leave on the weekends to jump?

hmmmmm....

incredible gift of new life VS. skydiving

I don't even see the comparison or reason for one.

Is that what you're worried about??

You'll be able to skydive again someday, however, you won't ever be able to spend babyhood with your little one ever again. Appreciate it while you can because you won't get it back. Be grateful you can have babies at all. Some of us probably won't. :S

I made about 600 jumps in the couple years before my child was born and about 200 in the 8 years since. Besides my concerns about if I were to get badly injured or, even worse, killed, he doesn't like going to the dropzone, so I haven't dragged him out there much. That's made it a lot harder to find time for jumping. Also, medical school was not the breeze for me that it is for those brainer folks, and I've had to study a lot on the weekends. So my slow down hasn't been entirely because of having a child...

Peace~
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Thanks, but I wasn't going that deep; meant to be a little more light-hearted than that.

I haven't jumped since she was born a month ago, and I think that when I do, I'll feel bad or something and turn around before I get to the DZ.

Mine are both teenagers and perfectly happy to see me on my way to the DZ...after I have given them money.;)
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Speaking of babies....and cousins (from that *other* thread, lol), my cousin and his wife (not a cousin) are having a baby today....on MY birthday!!!!! Happy Birthday little Payne! It's also my buddy Bill's birthday (Banjobill on here), but he's much MUCH older than I.

This was not a hijack....just a little aside. Bill's not a cousin to his wife either, no matter what the screen name may imply :D

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Yup. Only I lightened up even more. I had about 1000 jumps when my son was born; I made maybe 100 in the 5 years after his birth, and basically none in the 13 years after that.

There are so many worthwhile things to spend your time doing with your kids, and you only get the chance to do them once. Unless you're really involved WITH them at the DZ, those might years to think about your kids.

Also, I think it depends on whether you're the skydiving mom with a non-skydiving husband, or vice versa.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)