FlyingLilly

First Helmet

Hello all,
I want to buy my first helmet soon and I need some advice.
In the future (1 or 2 years) I want to do some camera jumps for fun or to get some jumping money.
I prefere open face helmets than FF.
So my questions are: Should I buy a camera helmet right away so that I will just have to fix my cameras on when I'll be ready or should I buy a second helmet for when I will do camera jumps?
And what manufacturer do you like?
I did read some of the gear reviews but it's hard to find out from there!
Thank you all!!
Blue skies:$
Emilie

Just buy a regular helmet now. If and when you decided to mount a camera, then you can get a helmet that will suit your needs that you have at that time.

Some "regular" helmets can be modified to accept a camera as well. Such as the Bonehead Mindwarp.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You'll want a helmet without camera stuff anyway as you won't always want to jump a camera helmet, I'd get a nice open face helmet now and see what kind of camera helmet you'll want/need to buy later as there are many styles and some depend on the camera model and stuff. If you want real protection get a pro-tec, it'll serve you well I still have and sometimes jump mine. Otherwise, plenty of brands to choose from that are way more expensive, don't provide half the protection but look cooler ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I bought a Pro-tec, $39 and works perfectly. I will keep it for a couple of hundred jumps, and if I want to fly a camera I will then do some good research and end up with a helmet/camera/ camera box combination where they all fit together properly.

Then I will still use the Pro-tec for that great wind in the face feeling on non-camera jumpsB|

'To fly is heaven, to freefall is divine'

'You only need 2 tools. WD40 for when it doesn't move but should, and duct tape for when it moves but shouldn't'

You also can buy the RAWA without the cambox, and in the future you can buy the case and put a camera, if you intend to jump with a camera!

You cant beat the confort of a RAWA helmet.

www.rawa.com.br

Edited: Another great helmet open face is the Skysistems Hurricane

http://www.skysystemsltd.com/index.php

Blue ones!!

P.s Always try a helmet before buying one!

I like my Aviator from Square1, its not as rugged as other brands but works OK and I like the internal audible pockets. Its a open face, ebay may have some rejects also. They chip easy so I stuck lots of radical skydive stickers on it. I also bought used a Oxygen which is real comfy, up north there you may want to use a Full-face eventually-there warmer eh ?
Used helmets can be a good deal also on DZ.com.
Reviews are good on DZ com also should you need a referance.