hollyhjb

Third place rocks!

I just got back from the speedway! I admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Nascar, but I LOVE driving.

This is my third season, and it's off to a great start. Third place for me in the number 6.

Here is proof: www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=147739

I laugh at myself because today I realized two things:
1. The part of racing that I find the most frightening is driving through the pits to line up because it's dark and race cars don't have headlights.
2. The time I'm the least scared is when I'm sitting in the line up with all my gear on and all my belts tightened down.

So I'm sitting there, engines revving all around, five minutes before the race, and I have to keep myself from nodding off.

I almost didn't race this season, but once I got on the track I was in love all over again.

On the sixth lap there was a huge wreck right in front of me. The two cars to the inside of me were racing each other really hard. I could have passed them, but I knew they were going to wreck and I figured it would happen as soon as I got next to them. I let them duke it out. Coming out of the second turn they collided and spun opposite ways. I was a few inches away and squeezed in between them just before they both slid to the bottom of the track.

Predicting and avoiding wrecks is by far my favorite part of the sport!

Wasn't a bad night to watch either. In one of the classes one car broke an axle, and it and the tire flew into the fence in front of us at just under 70mph...that was exciting.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~Adam Savage

I have some pics at home, but I'm at work now. I'll put them up soon.

My car definitely wins the ugly contest on the track.

Both my mom and I race it, and my dad raced it tonight in another class.

This is its fourth year in the two classes with the most accidents, and it's never failed to start a race. It's really beat up, but it seems like every crash makes it run a little better. :)

Home now...

the night pics might be a little dark

The 'crash' picture on here is perfect. It shows me (6) just as I scoot by the two cars (06 & 48) that crashed into each other. On the score board you can see our positions just prior to the accident. I had just slowed down enough to let the car closest to the red&white wall spin in font of me, and I had to hit the gas hard so the car closest to the scoreboard wouldn't come down the track on top of me.

The other pictures are from later in the race, the lighter one is during practice, and then there is one of me all decked out in my race jacket (it was given to me by Ford) watching my daddy race .