skyyd1ve

Mohawk Valley Skydiving or Duanesburg Skydiving Club

Duanesburg is my home DZ. It is about as small as small can be! We have 1 182 that runs on the weekends and will run on the weekdays if tandems or students are there... otherwise it sits idle unless there are 4 jumpers to fill the slots. It is a great place with great people, just not many of us. Call the DZ before you go out to see if anyone is going up... I have not been over to the valley but some folks jump between both. I have heard nothing but good things about the folks at the Valley.. the only possible drawback is there are very few outs (again that is second hand!) If you do head out drop me a PM and I will see who else can go on Thursday;)

just wondering if anyone has been to either of these dropzones and what they are like. i'm thinking of jumping there today and/or tomorrow, as i am up in albany visiting my mom. anyone have any experiences there?
thank you =)

OMG I did AFF I at Duanesburg, back in 1991!! Well, first I did a static line with them, and then AFF I. I was a college student, and I knew I didn't have the money for certification, but I had to experience a freefall, so I did it with them! My jumpmaster was Bob Raeche. I don't know if he is still around there. I had a great time. They were a C-182 DZ back then. No idea what the place is like now, but have fun whatever you decide to do! :)
Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"