jsaxton

Should I sell my canopy to this person?

Lookie at what I got today!

---- cut here ----
Hello,
How you today? ,thanks for getting back to me but,i would like to get the pics soon and,like i said earlier i am presently in the Africa .there won't be any probs about the shipment,after payment ,the pick
up will be made at your place. i have made arrangements with the prepaid shipping company.
As regards payment,this is what i am going to do. I have a client in the U S who is owing me $2,700 i would instruct him to
makeout a certified check to you in that amount and as soon as it clears your bank. you can now deduct your money from it and send me my balance via western union ,i
will be using part of the money to pay for the shipping and other expenses ..Although the value of the check is more than the asking price but i think i should be able to trust you with my balance.
So if my terms are acceptable to you,i would like you to give me your full name,address and phone number so that i can instruct my client to make out the check to you.
Pls get back to me as soon as you get this mail so that we can round things up in a timely fashion.
Thanks in this regard,
Serena.
---- cut here ----

Seeing as how a friend of mine got a similar message from the EXACT same person (and the user has actually never logged in to DZ.com) I'd put money on it being a scammer.

If it was me, I'd just fuck with them for the hell of it (assuming they don't have any of your contact info or anything other than an email address).:ph34r:

A friend of mine went as far as let the guy send the check.Then we told him we cashed it and threw a party.Told him to screw himself or come and get the money.

My dad has a truck listed on Autotrader online, and has been receiving similar emails, one asking to send a check for 10,000+ more than the amount of the truck and that "a friend would pick up the truck and extra cash"...:S:P