kenz

sorry to rant but i need to

ok so i wrote a whole long post before and i lost it so i'll give you the shortened version...

basically one of my best friends was diagnosed with leukemia in february.. she just got married to a complete dickhead that i have never liked in september... hes been bitching and complaining that he's lost his career and can never do anything he wants anymore, because shes a burden to him... right now theyre living with her parents cause her doctors are closer to them (they moved from alaska - thats where he was stationed).. ugh seriously i could go on and on and on about how much of a dick he is and why i cant stand him... (he doesnt like me either cause im the friend that she always calls when theyre fighting etc etc and he knows that) .. so anyway the thing that did me in was last night...i got a phone call from her around 11:30... shes barely able to muster out a whisper... i asked her what was wrong - immediately in my head im thinking either a)shes taken a turn for the worse or b)asshole did something to her... turns out shes back in the hospital for her 6th round of chemo and mr dick strolls in and tells her hes going to leave her because shes changed... shes a different person... and he doesnt see a future together with her anymore because she cant physically have their children.. they would need a surrogate... and goes on and on to tell her everything thats wrong with her... sits for about 10 minutes to watch tv while shes sitting on the hospital bed crying and the HE FUCKING LEFT.... he went back to her parents house and acted like nothings wrong... isaghialnjfjdbfvjb,.. im sorry i want to rip his eyes out.. id say rip his balls off but obviously he has none... ok sorry to rant i just needed to get this off my chest

severely pissed
~kenz
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

From your "bug on the wall" perspective I agree with you. Your friend and her "dickhead" husband are IN this situation.
A very close friend of mine was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, it metastasized into her lungs. The images were aweful, like confetti spread all throughout her lungs. She was enrolled in a clinical trial for my drug, however her disease was too far advanced and she was given 6 months to live. Since they told her it was genetic from her grandfather, she decided to get her son and daughter (9 and 11 yrs old) genetic testing. The daughter has the mutated gene. The husband and kids became resentful, frustrated and helpless. The husband left Susan to deal with her last six months alone. It was painful as hell to be on the sidelines watching her support system fall apart. She was so strong til the end. I'm still bitter about how her husband treated her but his way of coping was to distance himself from his pain. Selfish I know, but everyone copes with tradegy and life changes differently.:S

i am definitely sorry to hear about your friends situation... it makes me sick to know that anyone would be put through this.. it makes you learn a lot about peoples character, or lack there of... i don't know if the loser has left yet, but honestly i cant wait till he does.. thanks for your support i appreciate it tons!!

~kenz
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Your friend is better off with out "dickhead". Some day she will realize that. I sure the hell would not want a guy hanging around that was there cause he felt like he had to be. I want someone around that will be a support to me, not a drain.

In the mean time, just be there for your friend, and don't waste your energy on "dickhead."
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Kenz,

Tell your friend I really feel for her and wish her strength to get thru this. I think she doesn't deserve this guy and really she's better of without him. He will be a source of unhappiness for her now and in the future and believe me, it will never pass.

A relationship can be great, but isn't the most important thing in the world and as soon as you realize this, you are open to really great people and possible finding your best relationship in the world.

Gonzo