skydude2000

Used Gear Season

Hi guys,

I've been browsing for used gear for some time now, without much success. So I started wondering, is there a particular time of year or season where there is a big flush in used gear for sale? It seems to me, at least here in Canada, that there might be people selling gear around the fall/winter season, so they can buy new gear for the upcoming season. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe I'm just not finding what I'm looking for, hence I wonder.

When would be the best time of year to look for used gear?

Thanks!!
PULL!! or DIE!!

If there was one it might be the spring when people receive new gear. Few sell the old before getting the new. But, with delivery times the way they are and what I perceive as less skydiving in the four season states (anybody else believe that is true?) I'm not sure there is a season now.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

It took me a while to find my gear. Just keep checking the adds, and you will find what you are looking for. Also putting up a wanted add helps to. Also go through the links dirrectory, and find the different skydiving stores that sell used gear.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Have you checked with the Sunshine Factory of Z-Hills ? I generally sell my equipment in the Fall (October) since this is the time to order a custom size and color new equipment and have it ready in March. I guess I am not the only one to do so.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.