Roadrunner77

what types of gear should this newbie get?

I'm still pretty new to the sport. Got a B with 60 jumps and I'm looking to start buying my own equipment. I've done some research and this is what I've come up with thus far and was hoping you guys could offer some input. Thanks in advance.

RW suit from Tonysuits

FF suit from Ouragan suits (2-piece, or hybrid. I dont really dig the one piece suits unless theres some advantage that I dont know about. Nor do I understand the need for tunnel suits but would like to have a suit that works well in the tunnel as well. Why dont normal suits work just as well?)

I'd eventually like to get a camera suit and cuz I like to distribute my money to different manufactuers I was thinking about getting one from Firefly.

Sidewinder2 for my full face camera helmet (can the piece that holds the camera come off so I can use it strictly as a fullface helmet if I so choose?)

Cookie MXV for my open face helmet

I want one of those mudflap mounts but I've read terrible things about the carbon fiber one bonehead makes and would hope someone can hook me up with one of the safer more practical ones that skydivers themselves make.

Altitrack to put on my mudflap mount (I understand during freeflying analog altimeters can read incorrectly so I'm looking for a digital one with the analog face)

Neptune or Viso for my wrist mount

Neoxs for a audible

I'm also looking for a nice pair of shoes to jump in. I've got a set of slip on sketchers right now.

I fly a spectre 210 in a dolphin and eventually would like to downsize to either a saber2 190 or the lotus from Big Air, but I'm not looking to do that for awhile.

Blue skies guys and gals

Okay, I'm a little confused. Do you own the Dolphin and 210 or are your renting it? You say time to start buying equipment but no mention of a rig.

The FIRST thing you should own is your own rig. This put you in control of the availability and maintenance. If you own the rig great, but it sounded like you didn't.

You also seem to have money to burn. Your a long way from when you should strap on a camera. A camera helmet and a camera suit are way premature. If your concerned about a carbon mud flap mount you should get a helmet that offers SOME protection. About the only one is the cheapest, a Protec.

I you really can afford a suit for every need right now go right ahead.

An Altitrack is not going to compensate for varying body positions causing erronious readings. You need to know why this happens and how to be aware of it.

http://www.works-words.com/alti.htm
for mud flap mount.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Yeah I own the rig. As for the camera helmets.. I'm just trying to plan ahead for when I do start using a camera, but I know your right, I dont need to start jumping a camera suit and camera helmet right away.. I just dont wanna spend money on another helmet later. As for the suits, I'm interested in RW and FF moreso than the camera. Thanks for the warning about being premature though :)

Get a helmet you want to jump now. Get a camera helmet when you want a camera helmet. I wouldn't personally recommend a sidewinder as a camera helmet... just not very versatile, no cutaway, etc... you can get more info on camera helmets when you need it.

If you want a full face helmet, there are a lot of options... see if you can try some on to decide what works best for you.

For a mudflap mount, I just bought one of THESE. Haven't jumped it yet... waiting for a new altimeter to arrive to mount on it. But it seems to be very well made and looks like it'll work well.

Oh, I'd also recommend against a parasport audible. Don't specifically know anything about that one, but they have an awful track record. I do like their helmets though!

Dave