RickNC

Good deal?

This is the same person over and over again - I know it it because I checked up his ISP address and the headers from his emails - I also checked for the first page in the "scams" section of this website - it came back to the same place on nearly every single one - it's the same person doing this to people on this website again and again. It came back to Sunnyvale in N California - so he obviously lives in that vacinity somewhere. He knows his shit about skydiving too so I checked what the nearest dropzones are to that area too, there's four or five and I bet he frequents one or more of them at one time or he did do. I also researched who easy it would be to find out the exact location, and for a small fee, it can be done. Had I personally been ripped off by this person I would have no hesitation in paying someone to find this person.
The only way it couldn't be him is if he forged his headers in his emails but I don't think he's that smart - also it's the same IP address every time.
If anybody has been a victim of his crimes I'm sure there are ways and means to try and track this person down.

Sunnyvale is home to a lot of web based email sites, tracking it to there isn't proof of anything. The typical Western Union scam is based overseas since someone actually phyiscally goes to a Western Union and picks up the money.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Sunnyvale is home to a lot of web based email sites, tracking it to there isn't proof of anything. The typical Western Union scam is based overseas since someone actually phyiscally goes to a Western Union and picks up the money.

Yes I know what you mean, but that will be their nearest provider if you know what I mean? I tried it on myself, and my friends and it works - try it on your own address and it will too. I then researched if it is possible to track it to the exact address and was told yes it is but not for the general public, authorities can do, police, customs etc - so what I'm saying is that it should be possible to track this person down - especially if I had lost a couple of thousand dollars.
Yes sunnyvale is home to a lot of email address's, but only to those in the surrounding area, not from Italy, which is where these scams are often coming from. Everything leaves a trace, like I say go and try it yourself and you'll see what I mean. Besides Italians don't say "awesome" - only Americans ever say that, and they don't write perfect English, well thay might do but I doubt it. I'm only trying to think of ways to stop this person, it pisses me off a lot to think he is stealing from others - as if lifes not hard enough?? Anything has got to be worth a try?
Edit - just to add, I'm not totally sure about this - this is only what I think (more hope) is true.
Maybe somebody else has actually done something like this before? But I think we should all try and figure out a way to stop it if we can. I guess it just depends on how much it bothers us?

Sorry to see that it is a scam...

Paypal has never been a problem with me. I think it is reasonable to ask for transaction fees and shipping though. There is no protection for you with sending cash through western union.

If you are not comfortable with a deal just walk away. You are doing the right thing.

Be patient and another deal will come your way. Don't lose faith in the others on this forum. I believe, with the exception of a few bad apples, the sellers on DZ.com are great people and legit.

It took me over a month to get all the peices for my first rig but it was worth it.

Good Luck!