airtwardo

Trouble Brewing?

Things that make you go Hummmmm...

We live in a 'burb of Houston and are in the process of 'absorbing' refugees from the storm.

Many new faces in town, and the school sent home a note on Friday that they are preparing to add 1500 new students to the school system.

The community has opened it's arms and donations of all sorts continute to aid those in need.

.....Last night a 13 year old boy, a friend of my kids disappeared without a trace. He was last seen leaving a mini-mart at 5:45pm walking the few short blocks to his home with an armload of Saturday night snacks.

Gone...nothing...nowhere...

A smart, level headed kid with no problems, from a good stable home....GONE!

We've spent the day looking everywhere, doing all the the 'usual' things one would do in a case such as this...
...but there is tension...questions...fear.

This is not a good situation...my guess is it will only get worse...for everyone.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of the boy. Hopefully he will turn up very quickly...

I would be careful, however, pointing the finger at your new arrivals so quickly. This incident could well have happened at any time, 'visitors' or not. The timing may be a coincidence. I don't know what refugees would want with a young teenage boy...:S -even if they mugged him for his bag of snacks, it just seems odd that detaining him or further violence would come from it...

As I said, I hope very much that the kid is found safe as soon as possible.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I would be careful, however, pointing the finger at your new arrivals so quickly. This incident could well have happened at any time, 'visitors' or not. The timing may be a coincidence. I don't know what refugees would want with a young teenage boy... -even if they mugged him for his bag of snacks, it just seems odd that detaining him or further violence would come from it...

I couldn't agree more...and I'm not pointing fingers
at anyone...but as I said, there are rumblings and I can feel the 'vibes' of distrust and 'fear' for lack of a better word. We're a small tight community and this hasn't happened here before so 'some' are making
a dangerous connection.

I think the way you do, why would someone DO that and how & where would they take him???
It doesn't make logical sense...

I'm hoping it's all resolved soon with an 'innocent' explanation...

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~