Kid_Icarus

Real Estate Agents... Who Needs Them??!!

I am a badass, no-busted-points-at-Nationals camera flier.

I'll tell you what I told Betsy. "I expected no less from you."

Great job at Nationals.

Oh, and I'll collect that blowjob when I see you next. Hey, wait a min, I'm a gal, I don't get blowjobs. I'm so lost here:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

"If doofus' house sold for $650,000, mine must be worth $700,000!". This doesn't take into consideration the fact that doofus might have lied about what he sold his house for, or what comps he offered.

Right on all accounts. Or, the worse offenders are people who "buy the listing" by promising unrealistic promises about what the home will sell for. This almost always ends up losing money for both client and realtor because the longer a home is on the market, the less chance it has of getting sold for anywhere near its asking price.

Absofriginlutely, interview at least three realtors. The first interview should be about SERVICE, and NOT pricing. The MARKET dictates price. Get them to tell you what they will do for you. How will they market your home (MLS, broker's open house, advertising, phone calls, just listed cards...etc etc etc). Only after you decide on a realtor and are satisfied with what they have to offer should you talk about price. (in my opinion)

the longer a home is on the market, the less chance it has of getting sold for anywhere near its asking price.

Yep. My wife and I bought our home 2 years ago for roughly 2/3rds of its' appraised value, and roughly 1/2 of its' assessed value. It had been on the market for over a year and a half, as a repo, with the owner (a bank holding the title) being located over 1400 miles away... It was NOT marketed well, and the resulting offers the first year were quite low, and turned down. After being on the market that long, and empty, our low ball bid was grabbed just so they could cut their losses and dump it. Our bid was over 10k lower than the lowest bid from the year before...

We are now sitting on over 150k in equity because of this. (Granted, I have added ~40k in remodel materials, and I'm not counting my own labor against the equity.)

Use a realtor, but make sure they are good, and don't be afraid to change (fire) if they don't produce...
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1