simpsora

Repack cycle in the Netherlands?

Hi,

I moved from the US to the Netherlands and am anxious to go jumping soon, but I'm not sure about my reserve, because it's out of date according to US rules.

Does anyone know, when I'm here do have to follow the US rules, or Dutch rules? If it's Dutch rules, is their repack cycle every 6 months? I read that in a post, but can't find any other information than that.

Dutch rules: 6 month repack cycle plus a 1 year yearly check. The repack can be done by a rigger or a "vouwbevoegdheidhouder" (foreign repacks are acceptable now too) but the yearly check HAS to be done by a Dutch rigger.

I think you'll have to abide by the Dutch regulations if you live here but not 100% sure on that, it involves getting your rating if any transfered to the KNVvL. And it involves a few pages of canopy rules and such. If you don't have to follow our regulations you'll need to abide by your local rules, that's acceptable for visiting jumpers.

But anyway you're out of luck as you do not comply with Dutch rules and you do not comply with USA rules either. I'm thinking you need a repack anyway so I'd get a yearly check signed off by a Dutch rigger.

Edit: Hmm if you do have to change to KNVvL I'd be interested to know if you are allowed to continue jumping your current main as according to our rules you need 400 jumps to jump it.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

You are allowed to jump your current main as the dutch rules only applies to those who are switching canopies. You already own and are jumping this canopy so...no problem there..

If you live in the Netherlands it is not necessary to have a knvvl membership. As far as I know it USPA or PVV (belgian equivalent) will do just as fine ;).

Do you have the Dutch insurance or the USPA insurance?
If you jump with your USPA insurance and not with the Dutch insurance , the longer Dutch repack cycle is not valid for you. You must comply (is this the correct word?) with the shorter USPA-repack cycle.

Gr

Jurgen

You are allowed to jump your current main as the dutch rules only applies to those who are switching canopies. You already own and are jumping this canopy so...no problem there.

That totally depends on the instructor. If you jump something way out of our rules, say a katana 120, you very likely may not jump it. A one-size-too-small sabre2 at a reasonable wingloading like he's jumping now shouldn't be much of a problem, but you never know.

ciel bleu,
Saskia