kallend

Take care, Texans

Somebody stay inside and take video!

Dude! I'm writing the screenplay as I type this. See if you can line me up an agent out there in La La Land. ;)

1 part Huricane Rita
1 part Hysterical media sensationalism
2 parts ignorant slaves to the tv
1 part information overload

I just need a heroin and protaganist.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

No reply to anyone in particular

Someone on the news just said something to the effect

For those staying behind please use indelible ink and write your Social Security Number on your arm. It will aid in identifying the bodies.
(This is not verbatim)

For those who are staying please be very careful.
Hearing something like this makes you realize how dire the situation could become :(

For those who are staying please be very careful.
My prayers are with you. Blue skies - Daniel

BSBD
Home of the Alabama Gang

Someone on the news just said something to the effect

For those staying behind please use indelible ink and write your Social Security Number on your arm. It will aid in identifying the bodies.
(This is not verbatim)

Wow. Talk about sensationalism! Its in times of crisis I appreciate the information presented to keep the nation informed, but the opinions of the news personal do nothing but annoy.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

(This is not verbatim)

This comment burns my ass... You seem to be just trying to stir up shit. So let's call your bluff. Post the source. I'm calling you out.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Whoa dude you are redeemed ;) BUT you used his comments out of context. If you used it correctly it would have been noted it was being said as a ploy to get people to evac.

PORT LAVACA, Texas - Mayor Alan Tharling of Port Lavaca, a city on the Texas coast between Houston and Corpus Christi, is taking creative measures to make citizens take the threat of Hurricane Rita seriously.

Tharling says that the 1,000 or so die-hards who refuse to evacuate are being given permanent markers and asked to write their Social Security number, next of kin and a phone number on their arm or across their abdomen — so that returning officials can identify their bodies.

For the most part, Tharling has had few problems persuading residents to leave — Hurricane Katrina, which devastated the Gulf Coast of Mississippi and the New Orleans area almost four weeks ago, has made believers out of most Gulf Coast Texans. Many of the Port Lavaca’s 13,000 citizens have already packed up and were on their way by Wednesday night. Many more are still streaming out, joining other evacuees in traffic jams as they head inland.

I heard the sound snippet on the radio on the way home and actually just now read the article.

Hence my comment about the media and sensationalism. I wonder how many people are taking that comment seriously instead of seeing the true context?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'll be looking forward to seeing the video. I think, I'd rather hear of people passing beer than exchanging gunfire as a result of road-rage. As for pissing on the highway... I'm not sure about that. An old truck driving thing is to keep a Mason jar for that purpose. As for the ladies, I don't think a Mason jar would work too well. Anyhoo... just be safe. Keep us posted on how it's going. As I mentioned, I'm praying for y'all.

Chuck

Looks like a big one. Good luck, all of you down there.

And Godspeed... You guys down there better not be riding this shit out, or I'll come look for your dead body and kick the shit out of you! :|

Just check in all those cars on the highway.
--
Jason
--
--
Jason
--
Some people never go crazy. What truly boring lives they must lead.

The clowns hit san marcos yesterday it was a mess to get thru walmart @ 2:30 am

Figures. If you had shopped at some place a little classier, like Target, you would have missed us altogether.

--
Jason
--
--
Jason
--
Some people never go crazy. What truly boring lives they must lead.