windcatcher

An update: I love flying my canopy again!!!

In case anyone cares... I wanted to post this instead of bumping up a different post:|.

Anyway, before I got my own gear, I was never hesitant or nervous under canopy...I was pretty confident. Then I got a Spectre 170, which my AFF I/S&TA/rigger said would be a great first canopy for me. For some reason, I never had an experienced jumper test it for me, but somehow managed to put some jumps on it while the brake lines were too short, little to my knowledge.

I know it sounds stupid, but I never knew much about brake line length and thought it really odd my canopy was really hard to flare.

Anyway, I upsized, took a canopy course, and now my confidence is restored! B| I just love flying my canopy and doing lots of turns in the air...like I did when I first started jumping...AND I like landing my canopy!!! B|. I am excited about going back to a 170 ( currently I jump a 190), because I like the way it's more responsive and a little faster.

Thanks to everyone for all their encouraging words on here:)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Cool you posted a thread. Frenchy and I were just going to pick on you. Now what can we tease you about ?

Did you know you are going to be in a swoop competition in 5 years ? It is in my crystal ball. Amazing isn't it ?

hehehe, I must be in love, I'm listening to a Michael Bolton song:oB|:o!

Awe, thanks for the nice post Jeffy! ;)

I'm listening to a Michael Bolton song

Delete this before a Mod sees it. You'll get banned without a warning. And rightfully should be. That's gross.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

hehehe, I must be in love, I'm listening to a Michael Bolton song:oB|:o!

Awe, thanks for the nice post Jeffy! ;)

why won't tit work on my computer,.....I want to listen tooo.

anyway, as long as I don't teach her to swoop,... she will be doing great at the swoop comp.

--------------------------------------------------
I am a greek midget

hey, I was just listening to some random songs. I would never OWN a Bolton cd:ph34r:

edit to add: and Frenchy, I know you dance to Bolton's song "Can I touch you...there?" :|! :|!!

Chad, please DON'T teach me to swoop:ph34r:. I still love you though:$

Delete this before a Mod sees it. You'll get banned without a warning. And rightfully should be. That's gross.:|

:D:D:D And before him I was listening to Bryan Adams. Someone rescue me!!! :ph34r:B|:|

Ok..:)

Bryan Adams is ok, however the words "Michael Bolton" and "song" shouldn't even be used in the same sentence together.... :P

:D:D:D And before him I was listening to Bryan Adams. Someone rescue me!!! :ph34r:B|:|

Ok..:)

Bryan Adams is ok, however the words "Michael Bolton" and "song" shouldn't even be used in the same sentence together.... :P

I only listened to like 2 0r 3, I swear:|. Now I'm gonna go listen to some rap I think:ph34r:

Wasn't Michael Bolton the poor guy with the glasses in "Office Space" who wrote the money skimming program ?

Glad everything's working out now, Spectres are a lot of fun. And you're closing right in on # 100. Any flavor preferences for your pie ? Banana, marangue, key lime ?

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Wasn't Michael Bolton the poor guy with the glasses in "Office Space" who wrote the money skimming program ?

Glad everything's working out now, Spectres are a lot of fun. And you're closing right in on # 100. Any flavor preferences for your pie ? Banana, marangue, key lime ?

I don't think my dz is much for honoring tradition:P

Yeah, I like my Spectre 190, but miss my zippier 170B|