The111

i just got skyspammed

Wtf? I just got the weirdest spam in my gmail account. The subject was "Skydivers earplugs".

E•A•Rsoft™ brand soft foam earplugs are available for your skydivers use at a great price.

Free samples are available upon request.

Pricing and ordering information is available at: www.sfeps.com

Over 1/4 million pairs of these earplugs have been sold on eBay and with a seller’s feedback rating of 99.9%.

Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank you for your consideration.

Joe Green

At first I thought the naysayers' prophecy about gmail was coming true: I was getting personalized spam, based on what keywords the gmail snoop-bots had leeched from my email and ostensibly sold to spammers.

But then I noticed that the 4 other recipients were canopy guru Brian Germain and a couple of names I recognize as fellow BMI's. So I looked on the Bird-man website at the North America list and noticed we are currently the only 5 listed (which is screwy since there are dozens more, I already sent Jari mail asking about that). So this guy harvested our email addresses from the Bird-man site and spammed us for earplugs.

Just think, if he ups his earplug customer base by 5, he is going to be banking BIG! :D

Weird...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

it was probably a software robot that got your emails and pulled the keyword "skydivers" out of the context of the page. The dude probably wouldnt even know that he had spammed you.

That is why many people refuse to post their email addy online without encrypting it like saying "brett (at) clear view studios (dot) net"
-Ghetto
"The reason death cannot frighten me, is because life has cured me of fear."
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving