JustaBill

In the event of a tie in MLB....

They will have a 1 game playoff if there is a tie. I think they flip a coin to see who hosts the playoff game, not sure on that, but definitely a playoff.

Go Red Sox! Yankees be damned! Let Steinbrenner have a coronary losing to the Sox for the 2nd straight year! :ph34r:

WRONG!
Yankees are the east champs thanks to their 10-8 regular season record head to head. If the Yanks, Sox and Indians had ended up in a three way tie there would have been a two game playoff, but since Cleveland lost today the Chowderheads are back to their rightfull place in the world; looking up at the Yankees in admiration.:P

I think, I see where this is goin'!

(pulls-up a chair, leans-back...)

if your a yankees fan Im knocking that chair over:|

Bite your tongue! :D I, am an ASTROs fan! I don't want to be ugly about it but, I just don't care for the Yankees and can't handle George Steinbrenner. He can take a long walk off a short pier into the Hudson!

Chuck

Go Red Sox! Yankees be damned! Let Steinbrenner have a coronary losing to the Sox for the 2nd straight year! :ph34r:

WRONG!
Yankees are the east champs thanks to their 10-8 regular season record head to head. If the Yanks, Sox and Indians had ended up in a three way tie there would have been a two game playoff, but since Cleveland lost today the Chowderheads are back to their rightfull place in the world; looking up at the Yankees in admiration.:P

East champs? Not so fast! There's still one more game tomorrow. If the Sox beats the Yanks in the last game, the east division ends up in a tie. THEN we have the 1 game playoff, and if the Sox win that, then the Sox is East Champs... Yanks haven't won it yet. Of course, anything goes. Right now, I don't give a flip who wins. Alabama just beat the fuck out of Florida in college football today and nothing else matters! :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I just don't care for the Yankees and can't handle George Steinbrenner.

I love you MR:D

Well... you ain't so bad yourself!;)

Chuck

Great! We all hate the Yankees! ;)

Hey Steinbrenner, choke on that, slapnuts! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

What really chaps my ass, about Steinbrenner is, he'll scout some young player, who is really good. Then, has the team's manager play him into the dirt and the first time the player has a bad day... he's outa there! Shit-canned! No more contract, no more Yankees, no shit! In the time Stienbrenner has owned the Yankees, he's ruined and broken-down more good players. Personally, I think, he's a classless jerk who should keep building ships and leave baseball to the folks who know baseball.

Chuck

Actually Billy, you are wrong. I dont know how it all works out, but the Yankees are the AL East Champs. Todays game cannot change that. It's all about the Wild Card today- If Boston wins, I believe they take the Wild Card and go to the Playoffs. However, if Boston loses (hopefully), and the Indians win, that forces a playoff to determine the Wild Card.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

how friggin sweet would that be, when the RS's make the wildcard against the Indians

Wonder if I can get Mister Cable man to hook up cable just for Mondays game.

Correct me if I am wrong, but even if the RSs lose monday they can still get in the wild card right? If they win do they have their spot?
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Not totally sure- if Sox lose today, and the Indians win, they have a 1 game playoff on Monday. I would assume that the winner takes the wild card, and the loser is out. So I guess if the Sox lose on Monday, they are out.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

And you're wrong too. Yes the Yankees did win the division. However, tonight's game cannot knock Boston completely out of the playoff's. Cleveland's a game behind right now. So the only way for Boston to get knocked out of the playoffs is by a tiebreaker game tomorrow. Which only happens if Boston loses tonight and Cleveland wins.

Edited to add: And in the time it took me to type that you had changed your post. I also want to make it clear that I do not want Boston in the playoffs.

And you're wrong too. Yes the Yankees did win the division. However, tonight's game cannot knock Boston completely out of the playoff's. Cleveland's a game behind right now. So the only way for Boston to get knocked out of the playoffs is by a tiebreaker game tomorrow. Which only happens if Boston loses tonight and Cleveland wins.

Edited to add: And in the time it took me to type that you had changed your post. I also want to make it clear that I do not want Boston in the playoffs.

Well, it's a moot point since Cleveland lost today and regardless of the outcome of today's Yankees/Sox game, the Sox are in the playoffs. Since both teams are in the playoffs, even if Boston wins today and the Yankees and Sox have equal records, the Yankees will go in as AL East champs and the Sox will go in as the Wild Card, since MLB is using the head to head season record (which the Yankees won) as the tiebreaker. They'd only use a tiebreaker game to determine if one team goes and one team goes home.

Whew. Holy run-on sentences, Batman. Either way, the Yankees/Sox today is just for shits and giggles since Cleveland choked almost as badly as the Yankees in the '05'04 ALCS. :D Well, not 100% for shits and giggles because it will help determine who gets home field advantage in the Angels/Yankees ALDS matchup. The way things stand right now it looks like it'll be the Angels. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Either way, the Yankees/Sox today is just for shits and giggles since Cleveland choked almost as badly as the Yankees in the '05 ALCS. :D

Wow, you can see into the future? :P

Blues,
Dave

D'oh! (Edited with markup!) But, sure, why not, let's say that I can. It's always fun when history repeats itself. :P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke