ccowden

Godsmack..... I am officially on the bandwagon.

It only took me 7 years, but I am now a fan. I usually resist "mainstream" stuff like this because I am a metal child who grew up with bands like Overkill, Death Angel, Nuclear Assault, Suicidal Tendencies, Testament, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, on and on..... but I just can't fight it anymore. Godsmack is a very talented band, and the more I listen to their stuff, the more I like it. And I hear they have a new album in the works. Anyone know when?

So call me a poser, or whatever... but I like Godsmack!:D

They remind me of Soundgarden, and I use to listen to them a lot. Now my kid fills me in on the up-and-coming bands. I think Godsmack's got it goin' on....

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

So call me a poser, or whatever... but I like Godsmack!:D

nah bro...i dont care how hard you think you are, what bands you're into, how much you diss the "mainstream" EVERYONE has that one mainstream band they dont really want to admit or refuse to admit to liking.

For instance I think Three Doors Down is very talented and my fav. bands are ones like Unearth, Throwdown, As I Lay Dying, Hatebreed, (old) Atreyu, Shai Hulud...etc...shit i'm also not afraid to admit that I like some mainstream stuff, Godsmack is also one of my favs. and I love it when I say that and hardcore kids give me a hard time when you just know they're jamming on Backstreet boys when they're alone :P

Mainstream doesnt always mean sellout, i'm with ya on this one.

//end of rant :S

As I Lay Dying,

YES! I just heard them and picked up their latest CD. Great stuff. Also I'm really enjoying Killswitch Engage right now as well.

ps: And Chris - yes you're a poser but we like you anyway :D
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

As I Lay Dying,

YES! I just heard them and picked up their latest CD. Great stuff. Also I'm really enjoying Killswitch Engage right now as well.

ps: And Chris - yes you're a poser but we like you anyway :D

DOH!! how could i forget them, phenomenal band!!! been a fan of theirs for awhile now.
If you guys like that type of music also check out Ill Nino, they're in my top three.

1. Bad Religion
2. Disturbed
3. Ill Nino

They're not Alice In Chains, but they do a good job of echoing their sound. I like that they acknowledge that they model their sound after AIC by paying tribute to them in their band name.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

They're not Alice In Chains, but they do a good job of echoing their sound. I like that they acknowledge that they model their sound after AIC by paying tribute to them in their band name.

RIP Lane Staley :(
what a useless and sad way to go out, when you heard him sing you KNEW you were listening to Alice in Chains, a far cry from a lot of todays bands that all sound the same, his lyrics were powerful and filled with raw emotion...def. one of the all time great metal/grundge bands....while not my fav. band per say, Man in the Box is my favortie song across all genres...straight hard guitar riffs, brutal drums and he sings with such emotion you feel his pain go through you....just awsome....i keep that my MP3 player all the time when i'm in the gym.

It only took me 7 years, but I am now a fan. I usually resist "mainstream" stuff like this because I am a metal child who grew up with bands like Overkill, Death Angel, Nuclear Assault, Suicidal Tendencies, Testament, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, on and on..... but I just can't fight it anymore.

Resists the urge. Looking at your list of bands, there are lots of new bands carrying on that vein way better than the tedious corporate sludge bands like Godsmack crap out on a regular basis.

Check out Trivium, Children of Bodom and Lamb of God for starters.

I agree..... to a point. I know of and like many bands that are "carrying on," and I DID resist for a long time. But, I think it is unfair to a band like Godsmack to just dismiss them because they are in the mainstream right now. Now that said, I think you CAN dismiss alot of bands for that reason, but I really think Godsmack is a great band who is putting out some really awesome music. Once I gave them a chance, instead of my quick dismissal, I really got to like their stuff and give them some more respect.

This is the whole reason for my post. I think along the same lines you do and would usually agree, but I changed my mind about Godsmack.

This is the whole reason for my post. I think along the same lines you do and would usually agree, but I changed my mind about Godsmack.

I tried to like them. I really did. To me though, when they werem't sounding like a Metallica tribute band, they just didn't have the songs to catch my attention. They are all really talented though, especially the drummer. I've got nothing against their success, but I'm off to see Trivium and Children of Bodom at Slims in San Francisco in November. Nothing like a great double bill in a sweaty club. The last great show I saw was Motorhead/Corrosion of Conformity at the Warfield.

Also, I'm done with amphitheatres and stadiums.

Godsmack is way cool. In my not so huble opinion, they are the next Metallica.:)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I am saddened and disapointed to hear a fellow metalhead has fallen to the mainstream. The only closest I get to mainstream radio friendly stuff is avenged sevenfold...............................................

And how come none of the metal fans have not acknowledged OPETH????????

Godsmack rips off Opeth on a regular basis.

PLEASE PLEAS PLEASE if you are a metal fan (real metal like Dimmu Borgir, Between the Buried and Me, As I lay Dying, Blood Has Been Shed, and such)
go check out some Opeth.

My personal favorite is the Morningrise album. But they just came out with a new one called Ghost Reveries that I really like as well... Not your classic heavy stuff, but very intereseting. Their music is the most beautiful metal I have ever heard.

My other metal obsession is DEAD BLUE SKY! If you are a black metal fan check them out. Their stuff is sick.

But that's just like...
my opinion man.

And YES I am a girl that likes metal... I work in a factory ... that makes metal shirts so I can get into shows for free :)
Blue Skies