Lolie

I lost my freaking cell phone.

I got blitzed beyond belief one night at a bar in Coney Island the girl I was with decided it would be fun to go on the beach at 1am and go swimming in the NY river...IN OCTOBER.

I thought if i put my cell phone, stuff from wallet on the beach and walked a straight line from the benches I would be able to find them again....yah well after that much Jager theres no such thing as a straight line.

why i didnt just think to leave my stuff ON THE FRIGGIN bench i'll never know, some homeless guy in brooklyn now has a new cell phone, credit cards that dont work and a copy of my license

/mmmm, Jager

Shadow:

Call the three credit bureaus, let them know you lost your wallet, and have a FRAUD ALERT put on your account for the next six months. Then call again and redo it. It sucks to say, but you'll have to have fraud alerts on your accounts for the next 14 years - 7 years from time of loss, plus seven after loss - stuff drops off credit report after 7 years, you need twice that to make sure you're not frauded. ID Theft is rampant. Homoless can sell a driver's license for $20 and a bottle, and your credit is ruined for years. Be really careful.

I'm a dumbass. Thought Shadow's post started the thread. I'll go back to shutting up now.

lol

yah i freaked out at first when i sobered up but I have fraud watches with all three agencies and I subscribe to a service that monitors any changes or inquiries, by credit cards i meant check cards so those were easy enough to cancel. i'm a credit nazi, i keep a tight watch on what happens, even before the coney island thing.

i called all neccesary people as soon as i woke up the next morning, talk about customer service got it all taken care of on a Sunday.

Alright, I've looked EVERYWHERE in my apartment. I'm pretty sure it's not here...

It's not in the medicine cabinet.
It's not in the freezer.
It's not in the shoes under my bed.
It's not in my underwear drawer.
It's not in the pockets of coats I haven't worn in months.
It's not in the garbage.
It's not in my bedding, it's not in my dirty laundry, and it's not in the couch cushions.

Any other suggestions?

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

Alright, I've looked EVERYWHERE in my apartment. I'm pretty sure it's not here...

It's not in the medicine cabinet.
It's not in the freezer.
It's not in the shoes under my bed.
It's not in my underwear drawer.
It's not in the pockets of coats I haven't worn in months.
It's not in the garbage.
It's not in my bedding, it's not in my dirty laundry, and it's not in the couch cushions.

Any other suggestions?

Check in between the seats in your car? (if you took your car anywhere today) mine falls down in between the console and my seats all the friggin time.

if they offer it where you have service get some wireless phone insurance? with cingular you pay like $6 a month and if you lose your phone or its stolen you only pay $50 for a new one.

dont feel bad sometimes i'll have something in my hand then realize its not there anymore, i'll spend HOURS looking for it only to give up and in two seconds it magically appears on the coffee table or something.

good luck ;)

Off topic again, but, if you ever loose your ID card/drivers license be sure to notify the issueing authority. It may help when you are accused of writeing bad checks. Bad people got ahold of my wife's DL and took it to the bank. They opened a checking account with $5 and then went all over town writeing bad checks poseing as my wife. We got it straightened out when the police contacted us about all the bad checks "we" had written. Good thing incredible universe has video on the cash registers that showed it was someone else.
James
P.S. this is not directed at anyone in particular just a general warning.

Check in between the seats in your car?

Good idea, but I don't have a car!

with cingular you pay like $6 a month and if you lose your phone or its stolen you only pay $50 for a new one.

Also a good idea, but my phone cost less than $50!

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

Plan W: Call Cingular and find out if they can remotely un-password protect my phone and turn it on. Will need to borrow roommate's phone to call Cingular, and if I do, they'll probably just want me to report it lost and suspend service anyway.

Plan X: Pray to St. Anthony.

Plan Y: There's an alarm in my calender set for an appointment next Friday, so maybe it'll go off, and whoever has it will see where my appointment is, and bring it to me.

Plan Z: ???

-Miranda