seejanefall

Employment question. . .

I wanted to be a vet. Was told I couldn't do it, was too stupid, etc (which is insane, always had straight As). I was dumb and believed it. Went to optometry school instead (another dumb move, it's just as tough as vet school to get in).

However, I ended up loving what I do very much. My secondary job is packing at the DZ, also enjoy that, so get the best of all worlds.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

ya know I never really had an idea one way or the other what I wanted to be growing up, I can remember saying "Lawyer" when asked the first day of Kindegarten (sp?) but other than that never really knew or gave it much thought, I always knew, though, that I didn't want to be bossed around :P

I grew up watching my friends play with computers, and was always enthralled learning how they worked, messing around on BBS's etc.. then like the week b4 i graduated high school I decided to go to tech school and i'm now an IT Coordinator at a University (a law school funny enough) and I love my work, never got paid so much to do somthing I enjoyed, I actually look foward to going to work everyday because it's a career not just a job.

I'll eventually get my bachelors in CIS and I want to run my own company one day....working FOR someone else is for suckers....

anyone know when that whole growing up shit happens? gimme a heads up so i can doge that bullet :ph34r:

Soldier
Sailor
firefighter
airline pilot
parachutist
etc.

Soldier: Tried that for five years. Loved things that go boom, but hating freezing in fox holes.

Sailor: I sailed for a couple of years aboard HMCS Iroqouis and Athabaskan. Kind of fell into that job repairing helicopters. Found the work fascinating, but hated the NCOs in a peace-time air force.

Fire fighter: Attended Navy fire fighting school twice

Airline pilot: Earned a private pilot license a long time ago, but they said that I couldn't become an airline pilot with my glasses. Over the years I have flown jump planes to earn enough hours for a commercial and am now studying for commercial pilot written exam.

Parachutist: Kind of fell into this job. First jump when I was twenty, then earned most of the instructor and rigger ratings. Now work way more hours than is healthy - far too many to do fun jumps - but still enjoy the good days.