larry

incident report (that belongs in this forum)

This is a very preliminary report, but I doubt the incident will ever give us any useful information on how to be safer skydivers.

The US Army crewman was found face down with his canopy out of the container, but unopened. It was a silk parachute!

Although this incident happened over 60 years ago, two climbers just recently found the well preserved body (and his parachute) on a California glacier.

Full Story From ABC News: Body Found Believed to Be WWII Airman

Hope this isn’t a repeat post, didn’t see anything else on a cursory review of previous posts.:ph34r:
“Now click your heels together 3 times so you can return to Kansas to live in poverty with your teetotaling, dirt farming aunt and uncle!” paraphrased Prof. Farnsworth

You heard that too huh? Hard to pick up when the "News Networks" glossed over it in between 3 minute recaps of that sick ass woman in San Francisco.

Stay tuned for the "educated speculation" on whether or not he jumped from the plane before being found intact....
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

I heard about this story on the morning news. Wow! Can you just see the military contacting the family members that are still alive!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

This is a very preliminary report, but I doubt the incident will ever give us any useful information on how to be safer skydivers.

The US Army crewman was found face down with his canopy out of the container, but unopened. It was a silk parachute!

Although this incident happened over 60 years ago, two climbers just recently found the well preserved body (and his parachute) on a California glacier.

Full Story From ABC News: Body Found Believed to Be WWII Airman

Hope this isn’t a repeat post, didn’t see anything else on a cursory review of previous posts.:ph34r:

I don't watch the news much... but I caught this story. It will be interesting to see what all is revealed.

Considering the deceased aircraft crew member died in 1942 in what was no doubt an emergency bail out and has been frozen in ice since then, I doubt that he would have had a modern skydiving safety device with him.

Then again, we can't assume the press would take the time to research what an AAD is. Were they to do that, they would probably have to recognize the sarcasm of my post, since AADs weren't invented until what, the 60s? That's still over 20 years after this crew member died in an emergency bail out.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

"We're not going to go fast," she said.

Does this ring of "ALIVE"?

who would want the to Fast?

jheese - that's eerie!

But then again - perhaps it's Balushi - Senator Balushi . . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun